Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Had a great experience today with PDR, above and beyond to help me out when unexpected issues arose after my Truck failed smog! Was able to get me in right away, they made sure to have parts expedited to get me on the road in a timely manner, had beverages on hand and all the staff was super friendly and professional! They even washed my truck, gave me an air freshener and hooked me up with a chapstick! Great company, and the bill was less then the quote! Definitely will be going back !
First time visiting PDR and I have to admit I was super impressed with the quality of their service as well as timing ... The vibes were great! I love to feel comfortable when I am taking my 16 ram 5500 in for repairs or service, highly recommended! I will definitely be a returned costumer. Thanks PDR!
The most legit mechanics I've come across. The head gaskets on my Chevy Malibu broke and oil got into the machine after an incident where my car overheated. I took my car to them and within a day or two had my car ready to go. Every time I go to them, I know that any issue my car has will be fixed. Their Prices are fair and definitely trustworthy. a great experience.